WASG currently shares a lease which contains two small blocks of land. The two blocks are in the Boranup forest which is part of the Leeuwin - Naturaliste National Park. We share the lease with another Speleological Group - Speleological Research Group of Western Australian (SRGWA). We use one block and SRG uses the other. Each group has a hut on their block. The actual location is just South of Witchcliffe which is South of Margaret River.
- Access: Email the Coordination Officer to book. Coordination Officer email can be accessed at the bottom of this page.
- Facilities: Hut with rough bunks AND NEW ROOF (2002). You need everything else including drinking water. The tank water has many wrigglers in it and should be boiled. Pot belly stove inside. Fire place outside. A few tables. Some Chairs. Check with DPaW whether there is a fire ban before lighting fires or Pot Belly
- Cost: Free to members - non members $5/night (equivalent to the CALM camping fee). Only groups with public liability insurance are able to book the hut.
- Cleaning: Leave it cleaner than when you came.
- Toilet: A luxurious pit toilet is located 40m from the hut and there is normally toilet paper there, but BYO, just in case!
- Conditions: It can be extremely hot, cold, wet at the hut. Take appropriate clothing even in summer.
- Tents: Camping out is ok, but camp in the already cleared areas.
- Trees: Unless you like large dents on your car, don't put your car under any large trees ... they have a habit of dropping their branches!